We came, we saw, we conquered. The Cottage Journal editorial team went to High Point Market this week, and toured room after room of styled vignettes all chock-full of cottage- style heaven.
By Emily Esleck
Every six months, designers, industry leaders, and exhibitors convene at High Point Market, one of the largest trade shows in the design industry. The market brought more than 75,000 people to the quaint town of High Point, North Carolina, for an interior design blowout, which included speaker sessions, style boards, and lots of interviews. Not to mention, 10 industry-leading design bloggers were featured. More than 100 countries were represented in the 180 buildings of design showrooms, so basically, it’s the fashion week for home décor and furnishings, and we loved it.
We pummeled through 11.5 million square feet of show space, which included more than 2,000 exhibitors, to find must-see trends that are leading in the design world. For five days, our managing editor, Katie Wood, toured the market. Here are the top design and style trends we saw that you should look out for.
We've been at High Point Furniture Market, North Carolina all day and LOVE ❤️ all the amazing finds we've spotted!…
Posted by The Cottage Journal on Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Joanna Gaines is still a cottage-style goddess, and she embodies all the style goals that we love with her design company, Magnolia Market.
2. Layer prints and patterns in your home by using different fabrics on furniture pieces (top left) or printed wall paper and patterned accent pieces. (top right and bottom)
3. Find innovative ways to store common kitchen items like this creatively designed bar hutch.
4. We saw hand-painted velvet pillows and fell in love. Try these new upcoming style staples.
5. Boho cottage style creates an enchanted dream for your space.
For more cottage style inspiration, subscribe today!