Farmhouse style isn’t going anywhere any time soon, and we aren’t complaining. Rustic home décor, the bread and butter of farmhouse design, hit the design world and hasn’t stopped. Reclaimed wood, barn motifs, and simple yet sophisticated touches combine for a light and relaxed feel.
For your style inspiration, we’ve brought you several of our favorite snapshots from the beautiful farmhouses we tour. Get ready for a farmhouse style overload.
- This kitchen wrapped in light wood gives an airy and soft feel while still bringing a familiar comfort. That rustic wooden range hood is one of the many farmhouse style highlights this kitchen offers.
2. A scene from the same farmhouse from the kitchen above, these dark-wood bunk beds turned a small space into cozy quarters for the kids.
3. What says farmhouse more than deer décor? A white deer head piece mounted over this fireplace and mantle gives this sophisticated living room a nice dose of farmhouse style.
4. Painted paneling also gives this dark, wood-heavy cabin a tranquil feel.
5. This entrance to a farmhouse loft was originally a barn’s horse washing stall. Now, turned into a foyer, it welcomes guests into this rustic home.
6. Deep crown moldings and fluted corners on the cabinetry give an upscale look to this farmhouse-style kitchen. The electric-candle chandelier adds an old-world rustic touch.
7. Believe or not, this open-plan kitchen and den is an old carriage house garage makeover. Patsy Schmidt of Instagram’s @blessedmommatobabygirls left the original brick foundation and paired with shiplap siding to create this farmhouse, rustic dream.
8. Country music star Terri Clark’s Nashville cottage says reclaimed style goals everywhere you look. These kitchen island leg stands are actually salvaged logs from an old building. See our post on the rest of her cottage here.
9. From the wood siding to the pebbled shower walls to the beautiful rustic stool, this bathroom is clearly farmhouse style goals.
10. This pantry doubles as a mudroom and offers a vintage bench as concealed storage for boots and gear. See the rest of the Middle-Tennessee ranch-style cottage here.