Parmesan-Baked Eggs with Toast Points
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 servings
- 9 slices hearty white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 24 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped seeded tomato
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Using a serrated knife, trim crusts from bread; cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles. Place bread on a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly brush both sides of bread with melted butter. Bake for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Brush the insides of 12 small shallow gratin dishes or ramekins with softened butter. Crack 2 eggs into one dish, being careful not to break yolks. Drizzle 2 teaspoons cream around egg yolks. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cheese. Repeat procedure with remaining eggs, cream, and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place dishes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until eggs are set around edges and slightly jiggly in the center or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Serve with toast