Strawberry Infused Mimosa
Makes 1 cocktail
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces sparkling white wine, chilled
- 1 ounce Strawberry Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh strawberries
- Pour juice into champagne flute. Top with wine. Slowly drizzle simple syrup into glass. Garnish with strawberry, if desired.
Strawberry Simple Syrup
Makes 1½ cups
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine berries and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl (do not press on berries). Discard solids.
- Return liquid to saucepan and stir in sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Chill completely.
- Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator.
Instead of sugar, you can substitute ¼ cup honey.