Makes 20 pinwheels
- ¼ cup store-bought sundried and tomato basil pesto
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain pesto through a fine-mesh sieve to remove oil.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Spread pesto over dough. Starting at short side, roll dough in a jellyroll fashion.
- Cut pastry roll into 20 (½-inch) slices and place on prepared sheet. Combine egg and water in a small bowl. Brush tops with egg mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on wire rack.
Our Test Kitchen used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets.