Crustless Bacon and Gruyère Quiche
Makes 6 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from skillet and let drain, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook over medium heat 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Add bacon, onion mixture, cheese, salt, and pepper flakes.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.