Whether you’re getting ready to host a crowd or keeping it low-key for holiday festivities, these sweet treats are just what you need.
Once the tree is lit and the stockings are hung, it’s time to adorn the Christmas table with festive, decadent sweets that are sure to make this the most delicious season of all! These quick and easy recipes will give you extra time to deck the halls or sit back, relax, and enjoy the season.
Makes about 6 dozen
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup white chocolate morsels
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pistachios
2 cups diced candied cherries
1⁄4 (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted according to package directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to hang over sides of pan. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
3. Pour sweetened condensed milk over crust. Sprinkle crust with white chocolate and milk chocolate morsels, dried cranberries, pistachios, and cherries. Gently press toppings into condensed milk.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Use a knife to loosen edge of crust from pan. Drizzle with melted candy coating. Let cool in pan set on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Using foil as handles, lift turtle sheet from pan. Place onto a cutting board and cut into bite size portions. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Christmas Peppermint Bark
1 (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating
1 (14-ounce) package red candy melts*
1 (10-ounce) package peppermint crunch baking chips*
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating according to package directions. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt candy melts on HIGH in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until melted, about 11⁄2 minutes.
3. Pour melted vanilla-flavored candy coating onto prepared baking sheet. Drop tablespoons of melted red candy melts onto candy coating. Using a knife, swirl mixture. Sprinkle with baking chips.
4. Let mixture stand at room temperature until set. Break into desired pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
*We used Wilton Red Candy Melts and Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.