Ham Steaks with Maple and Mustard
Serves: 12 Servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 bone-in ham steaks (about 1 pound each), divided
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Pat 1 ham steak dry with a paper towel. Place ham in skillet; cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Place ham on a large rimmed baking sheet. Repeat procedure twice with remaining oil and ham.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, syrup, and mustard. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes. Spread 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture over ham. Cover and set aside remaining maple syrup mixture. Bake ham steaks, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cut ham into serving pieces; place on a platter. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup mixture.