Cranberry Brie Wrapped in Phyllo
Makes 1 Brie
1 (35.2-ounce) round Brie cheese
12 frozen (9-x-14-inch) phyllo pastry sheets, thawed in refrigerator
1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Trim rind from top of Brie; set cheese aside. Discard rind.
2. Line a large baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place 2 sheets of phyllo on foil, overlapping to make a 14-inch square. (Keep remaining phyllo covered.) Brush phyllo with melted butter. Repeat procedure for remaining phyllo (2 sheets at a time) and butter, reserving 1/4 cup butter.
3. Place Brie in center of phyllo. Make shallow indentations in top of Brie with a fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Pour remaining 1/4 cup butter over Brie.
4. Spread cranberry sauce over top of Brie. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and pecans.
5. Fold phyllo up over edges of Brie and crimp edges of phyllo with hands. Fold foil lightly around edges of Brie to hold phyllo in place while baking.
6. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until phyllo is lightly browned. Let cool for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Serve with gingersnaps and green-apple slices.