By Hannah Jones
Designing a room with cottage charm means paying attention to every detail, from top to bottom. The often-overlooked ceiling fan is an essential part of cottage style. It adds the final touch to a room and pulls it together like the ribbon on a present. Ceiling fans should draw the eyes to the top of the room and accentuate details like molding or shiplap while also blending seamlessly with the rest of the design. One of our favorite brands is the time-honored Hunter Fan Company, which has been in the fan business for more than 130 years. Hunter Fan Company is reimagining these seemingly basic fixtures, introducing fans as hot home accents for cottage living with beautiful lighting and eye-catching pendants that are ready to cool you down. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite designs below—the ultimate ceiling fan inspiration for every room in your home.
1. This nursery is fit for a princess. The sleek and clean design of the fan blends perfectly with the minimalist style of the rest of the bedroom while making a statement with its unique dome-shaped light and wing-like blades.
2. Perfect for a masculine master bedroom, this fan is reminiscent of a plane’s propeller. The industrial design of the blade hinges and the circular light fixture lend to an aviation style, different than most traditional fans.
3. This family room fan makes a bold impact with its black light kit that extends from the ceiling to the bottom of the fixture. The black contrasting color draws the eye toward the ceiling and accentuates the height of the room along with the exposed brick wall. The same fan with a mint-colored light kit graces the ceiling of the girl’s bedroom in Nesting with Grace’s home.
4. Now this is a ceiling that commands attention! The white and wooden fans immediately stand out and lead you to the blue shiplap above, giving the entire porch a serene and relaxed atmosphere.
5. This minimalist fan is impossible to miss! Its gold motor stands out beautifully. The fan adds a touch of glam to the rest of this rustic master bedroom and perfectly complements the mirrors above the bedside tables.