Text by Bethany Adams
Spring is here, and with it comes new life, fresh growth, and plenty of ideas for refreshing your cottage-style space. As the weather grows warm and bountiful blossoms pop up everywhere, sunny pastels and an abundance of fresh flowers can help bring the season’s vibrancy inside.
Cheerful floral arrangements, candy-colored eggs, and rustic table settings perfect for Easter dinner are ideal ways to let the joy of spring infuse every corner of your home. While the Easter Bunny is getting his baskets ready, let these 10 simple style ideas inspire you to fill your space with new life just in time for spring. For more spring design and tips, make sure you have a copy of our new Spring 2021 Issue!
1. Let your guests know it’s spring before they even step inside. A vibrant arrangement can brighten your door and make everyone who crosses your threshold feel welcome and ready for Easter celebrations.
2. For a contemporary twist on traditional Easter decorations, accent simple pastel-dyed eggs with pops of modern style. Shimmering golds and richer, speckled hues pair perfectly with the Mid-Century lines of this display bowl.
3. Ready for an Easter dinner packed with farmhouse style, this tablescape utilizes natural elements like wooden chargers and faux birds’ nests. Accented with galvanized tins and striped linens, this space is bursting with rustic springtime charm.
4. Complement your fresh-cut blooms with vibrant floral patterns that won’t fade with time. The watercolor print on these pillows is a calm splash of color among the serene white and cream shades of the room, drawing out the space’s soft pops of pink while keeping the warm breezes outside in mind.
5. Terrariums brimming with flowers, moss, and other greens are perfect for bringing a bit of spring’s new growth into your home. Accented with decorative speckled eggs, these apothecary jars have varied heights and are a cheerful reminder of the changing weather outside.
6. One of the easiest ways to brighten your home for spring is by filling your space with fresh-cut flowers. Antique jars and bottles can become vases with rustic charm, and a handful of decorative eggs nestled among wooden candlesticks is a subtle nod to the upcoming Easter holiday.
7. Picture-perfect pastels will certainly transform your space into a spring-ready haven. Introduce these cheery hues into your cottage space with ease by using accent pieces like this DIY faux terrazzo table.
8. Simplicity is key when drawing out the beauty of spring blossoms. An assortment of clear glass vases provides subtle texture without detracting from this colorful crescendo while pops of orange bring out the understated beauty of pink tulips.
9. Invite Peter Cottontail to the party with Easter-inspired prints like the pillow featuring this dapper fellow. Paired with muted blue-grays and powdery blush tones, this whimsical throw pillow helps set the stage for a storybook spring.
10. Rather than piling your table high with colorful spring flowers, try turning your centerpiece on its head. Suspending your garden’s brightest blooms above your dining room table creates a waterfall of vibrant shades and seasonal style.