3¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 (¼-ounce) package rapid-rise yeast
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup hot water (120° to 130°)*
2 large eggs
⅓ cup butter, melted
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon orange extract
4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons orange zest, divided
1. In the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, place flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add hot water, eggs, ⅓ cup melted butter, sour cream, and orange extract; beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.
2. Switch to dough hook attachment, and knead at low speed for 8 minutes. If necessary, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to bring dough together on dough hook. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
3. Spray 16 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough into a 15×8-inch rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter, then sprinkle evenly with ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon orange zest. Starting at a short side, roll up dough jelly-roll fashion. Place seam side down, and tuck ends under. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch-think slices. Place slices in prepared muffin cups. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough.
4. Cover rolls with kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Check by pressing finger ½ inch into dough; indentation should remain.)
5. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover rolls, and bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove rolls to a wire rack, and drizzle with Orange Glaze while warm.
*Water temperature must be at 120° to 130° to activate yeast.