½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
¼ cup butter or margarine
3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (4-ounce) dark chocolate bars, melted
1 (8-ounce) container frozen extra-creamy whipped topping, thawed
½ cup caramel ice-cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 450˚. On a lightly ﬂoured surface, roll out dough to make 1 (11-inch) pie crust. Place in a (9-inch) deep-dish pie plate. Trim excess pastry ½ inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under dough hanging over edge, and pinch dough to give crust a wavy edge. Using a fork, prick bottom and sides of pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Spoon half of cream-cheese mixture into prepared crust. Top with ¼ cup caramel topping and half of coconut mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
5. Let frozen pie stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing.
This rich Frozen German Chocolate Pie is creamy, smooth, and filled with a delicious crunch of chopped pecans and sweet coconut, the perfect cool bite on a warm summer day.